Wondering how to get a Virginia medical marijuanas card? You've come to the right place!
Our physician consultations offer the first step to getting a medical marijuanas card in Virginia. Speak with one of our licensed and state-registered providers for a cost-effective solution to getting your written certification now.
In this post, we cover how to get a Virginia medical marijuanas card, as well as the most commonly asked questions about the process.
Virginia Medical Marijuanas Card Process
If you have a chronic health condition and can benefit from using medical marijuana in Virginia, you likely qualify for the program. But before you can begin legally buying and using medical cannabis, you'll have to get a state-issued medical marijuana card.
Here's what's involved in getting a Virginia medical marijuana card:
- You must be a Virginia resident holding a valid state-issued Driver's License or ID card
- You must receive a certification from a licensed Virginia medical marijuana provider
- You'll need to register with the Virginia Board of Pharmacy as a patient
Once you decide you need a Virginia medical marijuana card, you can make an appointment to speak with one of our Virginia licensed medical marijuana physicians. This is how you'll obtain your evaluation for your current health condition.
After you're approved, our physician will issue your signed written certification form that day. You can then use this to register with the Virginia Board of Pharmacy online.
What Medical Conditions Qualify for a Virginia Medical Marijuanas Card?
Any medical condition can qualify you for a medical marijuana card in Virginia. However, these are some of the most common:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Crohn's Disease
- Chronic or Intractable Pain
- Epilepsy & Seizure Disorders
- Hepatitis C
- HIV / AIDS
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Terminal Illness
Virginia Medical Marijuanas Card FAQ
Is it easy to get a medical card in Virginia?
Obtaining a Virginia medical marijuanas card is very easy. You'll simply need to speak with one of our licensed physicians to begin the process. Our medical marijuana doctors are available via phone or webcam, making it convenient for you to start this process from your home.
How much does it cost to get a medical card in Virginia?
The cost to get a medical card in Virginia will vary depending on the provider you choose. However, our consultations are quite affordable and can save you money in the long run. You'll also need to pay an annual medical cannabis card registration fee of $50, which is paid to the Virginia Board of Pharmacy once you're approved by one of our physicians.
How long does it take to get your medical card in the mail in Virginia?
Once your provider issues the written certification form, you'll submit your application. Processing usually takes between seven and 10 days. Then, your card will be mailed to you.
Can you get a medical card for anxiety in Virginia?
Medical marijuana cards can be recommended for various conditions, including anxiety and depression. These ailments commonly receive medical cannabis recommendations. So, if you need to use this medicine as a treatment, we can help you get your card!
How do I find a Virginia medical marijuana licensed doctor?
As a Virginia resident, you'll need to visit a state-licensed medical marijuana physician first. Our team of Virginia-licensed doctors are available to provide you an evaluation and recommendation for medical cannabis use. You can easily schedule an appointment online or by phone.
How do I register with the state as a Virginia medical marijuana patient?
We're always ready to help patients get registered with Virginia. To make this happen, we'll need you to do the following:
- Obtain a signed written certification form issued by one of our physicians
- Hold a valid Virginia driver's license or VA state-issued ID card
- Pay a $50 state application fee
Once you've been approved by one of our physicians, you'll have what you need to register with the state and submit your application. CannabisRxHealth is ready to help you get registered now.
The applications usually take between one and two weeks for reviewing. Once the application has been accepted, the state will add you to the patient registry and issue you your Virginia medical marijuana card.
Why Should I Get a Virginia Medical Marijuanas Card?
We recommend obtaining a Virginia medical cannabis card for the following reasons:
- Protection under state law - Your medical marijuana card will allow you to legally possess and consume medical marijuana products in the state of Virginia.
- Access to the dispensaries - Virginia medical marijuana dispensaries are ready to serve patients. However, you'll need a card to access these licensed Virginia dispensaries. You'll then have access to all forms, including flower, oils, topicals, tincture, liquids, capsules, and more.
- Ongoing patient support - As a cardholder, you'll have access to ongoing support from CannabisRxHealth. Staff at the dispensaries will also offer insight into the products you're using to ensure the most impactful treatment possible as you use medical marijuana in Virginia.
If at any time you need help with this process, feel free to contact us. We're always here to help Virginia patients get the access they deserve.